Polara: 4-Wire EZCOMM System (APS)
The 4-wire Navigator is for intersections that do not have buttons (or existing button wiring). As long as there are ped-heads, you can install the 4-wire Navigator and have most of the features of the 2-wire system.
The 4-wire Navigator can also be used at actuated intersections. Rather than having a control unit in the traffic control cabinet, a power conversion unit installs into each ped head. A 4-wire cable is then run from the ped head control unit to the corresponding push button station.
- Single Stand Alone System
- No equipment installed in Cabinet. Push Button Station runs from Ped Head via Control Unit & Cable connected directly from the Ped Head to the PBS
- No Button Wires needed (Great for pre-timed/non-actuated systems)
- Ambient noise controlled locator tone
- Easy to activate 2" ADA button with raised arrow
- High quality digital audio messages
- Automatic volume adjustment to ambient noise levels
- Vibro-tactile walk phase indication
- Meets and exceeds ADA, MUTCD, TAC and PROWAAC guidelines