Carmanah: R920 - Solar Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon
RRFBs have been found to provide vehicle yielding rates between 72 and 96 percent for crosswalk applications, including 4 lane roadways with average daily traffic (ADT) exceeding 12,000*.
- Easy retrofit onto existing sign posts
- Installation that can be done by city crews with minimal traffic disruptions
- No trenching, cabling or in-ground wiring
- No scheduled maintenance for up to five years
- No metering or electrical bills
* U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highways Administration, Publication No. FHWA-HRT-10-043 - “Effects of Yellow Rectangular Rapid-Flashing Beacons on Yielding at Multilane Uncontrolled Crosswalks”