Carmanah: R920-E Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon
MUTCD-compliant, pedestrian-activated warning beacon for uncontrolled marked crosswalks
- The R920-E is the benchmark for Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs)
- Ultra-efficient optics and Energy Management System (EMS)
- Compact design to simplify installation
- Proven technology platform
- Meets and exceeds MUTCD requirements, including IA-21
Top 3 reasons to choose our solar-powered RRFB:
- Compact, 13-watt solar engine makes installation fast and easy with minimal traffic disruptions.
- Easy to mount or retrofit onto a range of square and round poles.
- Most effective crosswalk solution, with the highest yield rate per dollar spent on the system.
MUTCD Compliant Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon A Stand-Out Solution
Improve driver yield rates in a flash. The Carmanah R920-E Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) improves compliance at uncontrolled crossings, such as mid-block crosswalks and trail crossings. This user-activated, solar-powered flashing beacon is highly visible thanks to its irregular flash pattern (WW+S), which helps pedestrians and cyclists be seen in the daytime or at night, in any weather and any setting. The battery, energy management system, and solar panel are contained in one unit, making the R920-E an easy-to-install, self-contained solution. It requires no trenching, cabling, or in-ground wiring, and it’s built to last: durable and dependable, this product comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
The RRFB has interim approval in the Federal Highway Administration’s Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), making this an approved product across the United States, as well as other regions including Canada and overseas.