TrafiSense2 is an integrated thermal sensor and detector for level crossing safety. Intelligent algorithms immediately alert operators when the TrafiSense2 detects objects stuck on the level crossing, increasing the overall safety of pedestrians and commuters. Thermal technology allows the TrafiSense2 to operate 24/7 and in any weather condition without the need for visible light.
- Accurately detects objects on level crossings
- Verifies if passage is clear before train arrives
- Early detection reduces risk of accidents
- Confirms level crossing is clear
- Early warning system for people attempting to cross illegally
- Field-proven detection
- 24/7 human and vehicle detection
- Clear imaging in severe weather
- Detects objects through sun or headlight glare
When crossing barriers are open and no train is approaching, TrafiSense2 uses internal algorithms to detect stationary objects on the level crossing. If the object does not move in a preconfigured amount of time, TrafiSense2 alerts operators to intervene before an accident occurs.
When a train is approaching—and time is of the essence—TrafiSense2 immediately verifies that the level crossing is clear, and reports back to the control room in case of problems, which allows operators to quickly react to the potential threat.
Because FLIR thermal technology sees heat, rather than visible light, TrafiSense2 has the power to detect the presence of objects, pedestrians, and vehicles in low visibility environments, including total darkness, glaring light, and light fog.