Sensys SPP Radio
The Sensys Networks Serial Port Protocol (SPP) Radio is a low powered radio that maintains two-way wireless links to an installation’s sensors and repeaters.
- To/from Sensys Networks sensors
- To/from Sensys Networks repeaters
- Receive Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI, in dBm)
- Any roadside location that provides adequate signal coverage to sensors/repeaters
- Receives power through the FlexControl in the traffic cabinet
The Radio establishes overall time synchronization, transmits configuration commands and message acknowledgements, and receives data from the sensors. The Radio then relays the sensor detection data to the FlexControl† over a CAT5 cable.
A typical FlexControl system consists of one FlexControl and two Radios with one FlexIsolator. The system can also consist of a FlexIsolator and a Radio.